Welcome to our members area – a resource for our members to quickly locate information and forms.
REGISTRATION FEES (June 2018 - current)
FREE ANIMAL NOTIFICATION – 1 or 2 year heights, ear tag update, microchip, de-sexing, deceased.
$5.50 KID REGISTRATION all genders under 12 months.
$12.50 DOE or WETHER REGISTRATION over 12 months
$27.50 BUCK over 12 months
FREE 3 YEAR ADULT UPGRADE
FREE ANIMAL TRANSFER at the same time as registration
$5.50 ANIMAL TRANSFER
$5.50 ANIMAL LEASE – lodgement of lease notification (free to cancel)
$5.50 PRINT and POST CERTIFICATE (email certificate is free)
Proceed to the ‘forms’ are to complete all registrations, transfers and notifications.
REGISTERING GOATS WITH PYGMY OR ND GENETICS
REGISTERING YOUR ANIMALS WITH IMPORTED GENETICS
Following is a summary of the rules around registering goats that have imported Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy genetics. This information is about how and when you register as the imported breed. If you have any questions, please contact the relevant registrar.
- All animals carrying up to and including 25% imported genetics may be registered and shown as Miniature Bred without DNA. They will not be identified as PY or ND in their registration name.
- Animals carrying 25% imported genetics may be registered as the imported breed (PY or ND) and if being shown will require DNA parental verification back to the import.
- Does and Bucks carrying more than 25% imported genetics require DNA parental verification back to import to enter the MGBA Registry.
- Does and Bucks carrying more than 25% or more imported genetics must be registered and shown as the imported breed (ND or PY).
- Any animal that is DNA parent verified will have their percentage PY or/and ND displayed as part of their registered name.
- Wethers carrying more than 25% imported genetics may enter the registry without DNA, unless they are to be shown. Wethers entering MGBA Breed Shows must have DNA proof of parentage.
- Wethers registered without DNA parent verification will have PY-W or ND-W after their name.
- Any members who have been showing under different rules will be managed in house. Points will be allowed to remain but any changes to registrations must be made by the 1st January 2020.
To find out more about Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy grading system, please visit the breed pages.
IMPORTED GENETICS IN AUSTRALIAN MINIATURE BREEDING
First cross (50%) animals are equivalent to Grade B for Australian Miniature Goat (AMG) breeding purposes.
DNA TESTING YOUR GOATS
DNA testing is available via Massey University in New Zealand. MGBA members can access a discount for their DNA testing via Massey.
MEASURING YOUR GOATS
It’s important for you to be able to accurately measure your goats, especially when you are advertising for sale and determining the adult height for the 3 year upgrade. We’ve put together some information on how to measure your goat. It also covers how owners and breeders can become a Qualified or Certified Measurer.
Premium Breed is the online database for our registry. Here you can see the pedigree for all MGBA registered goats including your own.